Sunday, July 10, 2011

Farewell/Homecoming

Only in the Mills family will you get a mission homecoming and farewell all in the same week. So on the left is Tony's cousin Alex who just returned from the Prague Czech Republic Mission and the right is his brother Adam who is leaving to serve in the London England Mission. They have a total of 7 days to see each other before they are separated again for another 2 years. The funny thing is that when Alex left for his mission his older sister Kirsten was returning from her mission in England too so that was another farewell/homecoming for their family too.
Tony's family never ceases to amaze me. They have a huge family I mean huge and every male has served a mission all of them and their family is mostly boys! Wow! I hope that Tony and I can raise our boys the right way that they will strive to serve a mission when they reach the age and keep the tradition going.
After the meeting we had a big family lunch because a Mills family gathering is not complete without a huge meal. Some of the family members had a "spoon" contest to see who could keep a spoon on their nose the longest and little Megan on the left won! I think she is 4 or 5! She is so cute!
Kim and Sam spent the day at the baseball game and activities so we had Ethan and Gavin. This is Gavin and it totally weirds me out that I have a 13 1/2 year old nephew! Looks at him...he's so grown up!
Liam tried it too! Tony would put it on Liam's nose then Liam would shake his head so it would fall off and he thought it was hilarious!
Liam and Ethan had a "fork fight" while we waited for lunch to be ready
Liam loves his Uncle Dougie. yesterday at my nieces baptism Liam pointed to him and said Doug. I didn't even know he knew how to say Doug let alone point him out! I was amazed!
Liam and his daddy. Don't tell Tony, but Liam is really a Mama's boy!
This is Tony's grandparents and his cousin Christine and her family making goofy faces

No comments: