Tuesday, November 13, 2012

More Money

This weekend I broke my tooth. Not even eating anything hard or crunchy. The filling that was on top of it even broke. Monday morning I went to the dentist to make an appointment and they got me right in to do x-rays to prepare for my appointment the next day. It was not good news. I have several cavities and the tooth that broke is actually a baby tooth that I never lost and didn't have an adult tooth growing in. So with the few options that I was given to fix it, it seems like having the broken tooth taken out and an implant put in. According to the dentist and from what I understand the implant is the best option. Luckily, my insurance covers this procedure at 50% versus not at all, but still it is going to cost a little over $1,600.00 Ah! That is a lot of money and that is just for the implant, not fixing the other cavities. I am terrified of having a piece of metal put into my gums. It does not seem like fun at all. I like the dentist and have faith in him though. It's something that needs to be done. I wish I was invincible and didn't ever have health or dental problems. But alas here I am. My stubbornness has lead to this problem by not going to the dentist since before I got married. Boo!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I am so sorry to hear it! Implants and crowns are expensive. If you are able to, you should get the implant done during this calender year and then do the crown on top of it during the next calender year. That will make it so you will not max out your yearly maxamim with your insurance. It can be a huge benefit to maximize your insurance. Good luck!