Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Personal Questionairre

When was the last time you cried? And why?

At this particular point in my life I find myself in tears often. I am going through what I would call a trial. Some people know about it and some do not. Each time I find out about someone being pregnant I have a melt down. It's true I really do. It's not that I am not happy for that person and please don't not tell me because you are worried about my feelings. I'm afraid that would hurt worse. My husband and I have being trying to get pregnant with baby #2 for nearly a year now. It is so frustrating. It's all out of my control essentially. It's so hard to understand the Lord's time line.

What is your greatest accomplishment?

Liam

Morning person? Or night owl?

I am more of a mid day kind of person. I don't like to wake up particularly early, but am not very good at staying awake very late.

Household chore you hate the most?

Tub/shower. Absolutely dread it.

What is your secret talent?

I can make a 3 leaf clover with my tongue

If a movie was made of your life, what actress would you want to play you?

I would say Julia Roberts because she is probably my favorite female actress, but I don't think I am as amazing as her so that wouldn't be a good role for her.

Who was your first crush on?

Shane Kriley in the 4th grade

What are three things you cannot live without?

Tony, Liam, and goldfish crackers

Name something you wish you did better.

Sing and dance. I day dream often of being amazing at those 2 things.



What’s your favorite book?

That's a hard one. I really enjoyed DaVinci Code, The Twilight Saga, Harry Potter, and Hunger Games

What are your 5 favorite TV shows?

Currently Downton Abbey ( I only started watching it to find out what everyone else was talking about then got hooked), Big Bang Theory, Flashpoint, The Wonder Years, Crocodile Hunter

Guilty pleasure?

Junk food. If it's in the house it soon won't be.

Any goals you’re currently working on?

I made a goal this year to crochet a cute baby hat for all family members and close friends who are having babies this year. Also trying to kick this stupid food addiction.

A trend or style you’ve wanted to try, but been scared to?

I want to be able to pull off so many cute styles but never feel like I can either because of my body or just my own lack of self esteem to do it.

A skill you’d love to learn?

Hip hop dancing. I know it sounds dumb, but I really want to break dance and wear baggy sweat pants and reeboks with the strap! :)

If you had a day to yourself with unlimited money to spend and no obligations, what would you do?

First of all I would buy my family a beautiful big house with horse property in the mountains, but still close to a beach. Horses. New fancy cars, A swing set for Liam. All the yarn I could imagine and a whole room to craft! A separate huge garage for my husband and plenty of fun cars for him. A boat. Lots of things to keep my family busy and happy. (although you don't need all that to be happy)

A person (living or dead) you’d love to meet?

I really wish that I could spend more time with my Grandma Hargett and Papa Lee and find out more about them. It is hard to know about someone when they lived so far away from you when they were living or someone who died when you were too little to remember them.

If you weren’t doing the career you’re doing now (being a stay-at-home mom counts as a career), what would you want to be doing instead?

Without a doubt, I would want to be in Africa doing field zoology! Or even working at a zoo. I miss it so much!

What are the names you want/wanted to give your kids?

I have a whole list. For girls, I like the names Lydia, Amelia, Rose and Mattie after my great grandma and the middle name Elizabeth will go to the first girl and if we get more girls it will be family names. We do family names for middle names. For boys, I like Raleigh, Royce, and Edison. Middle name options are Mitchell, Thomas, and Brent.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Erin, I know this is not going to help but when I get prgnant there are very few people in my family that I can tell with out it being hard. My brother and his wife have experiences 3 still birth babies and are now trying invitro with no success. My other sister in law lost my brother and has no hope at the moment of having life move forward. It may not help you feel better but we are praying for you guys. I know it is hard we love you.

Carl said...

I know it is hard but things will work out. You are amazing. If Julia Roberts knew you like I do, she would want to be like you!

Robin Anne said...

You're awesome. Can I come live next door to you?

Rachel said...

Erin, I got tears reading this. You know we struggled for over 16 months to get pregnant with Eamon. It was so hard and I often felt that anger and sadness when I found out people were pregnant, but then the other side of not wanting to not be told, either. It's so hard. I know we've talked about it but if you want to talk or vent some more, you can always talk to me. It's helpful to have someone who's been through it, too.