Friday, May 4, 2012

The Week

This has been a pretty good dang week. Nothing too particularly special, but good. Starting on Tuesday I started to whip this chubby old body into shape. I found a recipe on Pinterest that is supposed to be extra healthy and help in losing weight, so Ive been drinking at least one a day. It is a smoothie made of baby spinach, cut up pineapple, a banana, and a little bit of yogurt. It sounds gross, but it actually really good and I crave it now!
This first day I biked. I set a destination that is not too far from our home maybe 2 miles I thought and went for it. I made it there and was feeling good so I even went a little farther until I saw an Indian Reservation sign and decided that I better turn around. I later drove the path I took and it totaled up to 6.8 miles! Whoo go me! So that was day 1. On day 2, I went to Tres Rios with my pup. I jogged and walked intermittently for at least an hour. I will admit that I do not like running. It is hard especially with my asthma. But it is easier when I jog for a little bit then walk then jog again. I learned that tip from a friend.  On Day 3, I got my bike out again. I actually really enjoyed biking the first day, but this time I decided to bike to a different spot this time. About a mile south of our house is miles and miles of cow farms. I rode my bike south and then headed east. I decided to maybe make it to 75th Ave and head back around. Mind you I live on 83rd Ave so it was only a mile away. I made it past 75th Ave and felt great, so I decided to keep going. At 73rd Ave my bike seat came loose and I was practically about to fall off the seat and onto my back tire because it was slanted so bad. So I stopped and called Tony and asked him to bring a wrench so we could tighten my seat. Once we got it all fixed, I kept going. I told myself I was going to go to 67th Ave which was the next main road. I made it there and by this time the adrenaline or oxytocin (whatever chemical gives you energy to keep going) kicked in and was enjoying myself; jamming to I Heart Radio and the nice breeze. I kept going until my butt was killing me. I made it all the way to 59th Ave before I decided to head home. I was so proud of myself! My body and head still wanted to go, but my butt said otherwise. I now understand why bikers wear those cushy butt pants when they ride their bikes. ;)
 Today marked day 4. Tony has been off for the past few days so he was able to watch Liam so I could go out and exercise, but he worked last night so he was asleep until I had to go to work. So since I had Liam with me, I just stayed home and worked out to Just Dance 3. It is a dance video for our wii which you dance along with the characters on the screen and is actually a pretty good work out. I was beet red and huffing and puffing by the end.
The best part about this whole thing is that I feel so good after doing it and I actually look forward to exercising. I feel so proud of myself for sticking with it and I overall feel more peaceful and less stressed or worried about things. It is a great time for me to think and be totally lost in my own head.

2 comments:

Carl said...

That's great! Keep it going.

Alison said...

Rock on Erin!!!! Awesome!!!