Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Valentine's Day Date

 I was in charge of Valentine's Day this year (we rotate). I wanted to do something fun that we hadn't done before. Paintball is what I chose. I mean how cool is that? I found a groupon for it, so we gave it a try. My sister came down to town and offered to watch all of the nieces and nephews so we could go out. How nice of her! Tony and I headed out to Cowtown Paintball which is all the way out near Lake Pleasant. It was a nice day to be outside. We got our gear and I got nervous! I saw some of the welts on some of the other people that were there. Yikes!
I swallowed my fear and once we got out there it was a lot of fun. I wasn't as daring at first so I didn't even get shot. Tony and I had planned to stay together, but about 30 seconds into the game I looked around for Tony and realized he wasn't anywhere near me. The first game we played was called zombies. A few people were designated as zombies and the rest were civilians. If you got shot you became a zombie. Tony had gotten shot about 5 seconds into the game and was a zombie. So much for staying together. Geez. I made it the whole time without being shot, but I did shoot a few other people and got them out. Boo yah! Once we had finished and they were closing I still hadn't been shot so I had Tony shoot me a couple times so I could know what it felt like. He only shot me in the back where I had the cover, but I could still feel it through that, but it wasn't bad; only hurt for a second.



On our way back to my parents house to change before going to dinner, we saw tons of balloons getting blown up and floating away right next to the road we were on so we stopped and watched for a little bit. Neat.
We ate at the Macaroni Grill where Tony told me that he loved me for the first time when we were dating. I ordered steak. It was a dumb thing to order at a pasta restaurant. It was very mediocre, but they told us it was an hour wait and we only waited 10 minutes so we were glad about that. It was a great Valentine's Day to spend with my love.

No comments: